Confused? Don’t be. Cooked for 15 minutes in the pressure cooker, this quick and bittersweet recipe has flavours that will explode in your mouth.
- 500gm beef mince
- 1 large onion
- 1 capsicum diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x 400g kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400ml beef stock
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar or 1 grated carrot
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tin LaMorena Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce chopped
- 2 or 3 x square Lindt 85% cocoa
- 1 or 2 tsp chili powder if you like it hotter
Heat some oil in pressure cooker on Saute setting, add onion, garlic and capsicum, then change to Browning and add mince cook through. Add Salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, tomato, beans, chipotle peppers, chocolate and stock. Choose High pressure and set for 15min, release pressure and taste and adjust seasoning, if you find it a bit sweet add 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
Enjoy with sour cream, cheese and salad or flat bread for dipping.
Handy tip: Get your Chipotle Peppers in-store at Kitchen Warehouse. Find your nearest store.
What Equipment you need: