Easy, 60, Serves 12
Indulge in this stunning chocolate Easter mud cake with its creamy topping, the perfect table centerpiece at Easter!
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- FOR FROSTING
- 200g cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- mini milk chocolate Easter eggs to decorate
- 1 Preheat oven to 160C. Prepare and line springform cake pan
- Place butter, chocolate, sugar and hot water in small sauce pan over low heat and heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- Sift dry ingredients together and when chocolate mix is well cooled fold in together along with eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until cooked.
- Allow cake to cool in pan prior to turning out
- Melt extra chocolate and cream together over low heat until well combined.
- Refrigerate until thick and spread over cooled cake.
- Decorate with eggs to taste.