You don’t have to be a pro in egg whipping and folding to create the best-tasting mousse for dessert. With this easy chocolate orange mousse recipe, all you need is a trusty blender and a few minutes of whipping. And guess what, it doesn’t even need eggs!
Yes, chocolate mousse is an inviting dessert but, depending on your recipe, can require some skills to perfect. Whip or fold in the egg whites incorrectly and you may end up with a grainy, flat mess. This recipe we’re sharing makes things simpler and a lot quicker.
With just cream, orange peel, and chocolate sauce, you can serve your family a decadent treat with a touch of citrus that will remind you of summer. And while this recipe makes 2 cups of smooth mousse that you can enjoy on its own, you can always double it for frosting a cake or folding into a soufflé.
- 480ml (2 cups) heavy cream
- 5g (2 pieces) orange peel
- 60ml (¼ cup) chocolate sauce
- Place all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend your mixture for 35 to 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve in pretty dessert glasses with a sliver of orange peel for garnish.
The recipe and image were adapted from Vitamix.