Easy, 1hr 30 mins plus refrigerate overnight, Serves 12
By Krystal Howell
- 300ml Thickened cream, plus 300ml extra
- 1/2 canhttp://uat.kw.dhm.io/index.php/recipe/adminhtml_recipe/edit/id/11/key/1413c1469eaa7b5e1193ae47903257c5376ab61cae4114e4441db28878da7d12/# Nestle sweetened condensed Milk
- 1/4cup Milk
- 1TBS Hazelnut Liquor
- 2x 250g Plain Chocolate Bicuits
- 500g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1TBS Baking Cocoa
- 1 Using an electric mixer, beat cream and nestle condensed milk until thick. spread a little of the cream mixture onto the base of the serving plate.
- Combine milk and hazelnut liquor. Working with 1 packet of biscuits at a time, use a pastry brush to brush the back of each biscuit with the milk mixture to soften slighty, then spread each biscuit with 1 tsp of cream mixture, placing biscuits on their side and sandwiching- them together to form a log.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits and cream mixture to form a second log, next to the first log. refrigerate overnight.
- The day of serving, combine dark chocolate and extra cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon- until smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Set aside at room temperature to cool (can take up to 3 hours) stirring occasionally, until ganache is thick & spreadable.
- Spread ganache all over the top and sides of cake to form a log. Dust with cocoa powder.