When something is flavoured with chocolate and orange, you know it’s going to be good. In this recipe, orange liqueur or juice is used in the mixture, giving the truffles a distinct orange flavour.
This chocolate orange truffles recipe is easy enough for a first-time truffle maker. After dipping the truffles in melted chocolate, roll them in crushed pecans or cocoa powder as you please.
Try these chocolate orange truffles for Christmas or as a Christmas Gift. We’d love to hear your feedback!
Chocolate Orange Truffles Recipe
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 45 ml heavy cream
- 110 g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 30 ml orange liqueur
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 226 g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- Combine butter and cream in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in half of the chopped chocolate, the orange liqueur and the orange zest, stirring until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow bowl and refrigerate until firm, around 2 hours.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and place on a wax paper-covered baking sheet.
- Chill in the fridge until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolates until smooth.
- Allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Lift using two forks to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place back onto the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set.