An eternal crowd pleaser, guacamole is just as at home served atop nachos as it is as a cheeky snack. It’s surprisingly easy to make and a really healthy alternative to store bought dips.
Once you master the art of this simple recipe you can make your own variations and you’ll probably find plenty of ways to use it aside from traditional South American dishes.
We love it smeared on toast for breakfast, it’s great spooned on top of beans and it even works well in sandwiches.
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- juice from a lime
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 chilli deseeded and finely chopped or a few splashes of Tabasco
- handful coriander leaves and stalks roughly chopped
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together
- Serve with tortilla chips