Now it is entirely possible to enjoy your own authentic churros, the much-loved deliciously indulgent South American doughnut-like treat, without having to leave home.
But be warned, once you’ve mastered them, there will be plenty of requests for more.
CHURROS WITH DULCE DE LECHE
Serve them with lashings of sweet Dulce de Leche.
If you are worried about using the deep fryer, these gorgeous treats can also be made in the air fryer, and yes they are still incredible delicious.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 ½ cups boiling water
- 25g melted butter
- pinch of Salt
- sunflower oil for frying
- Dulce de Leche to serve
- Add flour, salt, water and butter to a stand mixer with dough hook attachment.
- Mix ingredients well then knead dough on a lightly flour dusted surface.
- Place dough in a piping bag with a small star nozzle.
- Pipe approx 5cm length onto a floured bench.
- Deep Fry in pre heated oil at 180 degrees until crisp and golden.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a dish and roll fresh Churros in the mixture.
- Serve with Dulce de Leche or Chocolate sauce (or both).