Baked blueberry muffins in the morning is enough to get us up and excited for breakfast. They’re even better when you can enjoy them fresh and warm out of the oven. Add this classic favourite to your baking recipe collection so you can whip up a batch any time for a quick-fix breakfast or when craving strikes!
The best thing about muffins is they are easy to prepare and bake. Every ingredient goes into one bowl, and you only need to wait a few minutes before you can serve them. Blueberry muffins are also perfect any time of the day, from afternoon tea to midnight snack.
This recipe makes 12 delicious muffins and uses simple ingredients that are most likely in your pantry. Serve them piping hot with butter or bake them ahead of time so you can just reheat them during busy mornings.
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 12-cup muffin pan
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Wire rack
- Cupcake paper liners
- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake paper liners.
- Combine flour, caster sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add in milk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix until just combined and then fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Evenly divide the muffin mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and set.
- Allow to stand in the pan for 5 minutes before serving or transferring to a wire rack to cool.