Every baker should have a go-to vanilla cheesecake recipe in their arsenal, a classic amongst dessert lovers for its creamy body and contrasting biscuit base, this delicious recipe won’t disappoint! It requires just 25 minutes of prep time, no baking and can be left to set overnight! It also offers you the versatility to enjoy it how it is, or dress it up with decadent garnishing.
This classic vanilla cheesecake recipe is a great one to make if you’re hosting a dinner party. It makes enough to feed 10 mouths and is one of those desserts that just looks good on display.
We highly recommend using a food processor to make this recipe, however it can be done without – you’ll just have to use a lot of elbow grease!
PREP TIME: 25 Minutes
- 250 g packet plain sweet biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 1/2 tblsp boiling water
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- Grease a 20cm round springform pan.
- Use a food processor to process biscuits until fine crumbs.
- Add butter and process until combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture over the base of the pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While biscuit mixture is chilling, sprinkle gelatine over boiling water in a heatproof jug.
- Whisk with a fork until gelatine has dissolved and then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in gelatine mixture until combined and then fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture over the top of the biscuit base, levelling top with a spatula and then cover and refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Remove the cheesecake from pan, slice and serve.
We think you’ll love this classic vanilla cheesecake recipe. Try it out and let us know what you thought!