Created in Havana and traced to El Draque – the famous explorer Sir Francis Drake – the first sip of your Mojito invokes memories of steamy summers and long hot evenings by the pool. Flavoured with mint and lime, muddled to release the full flavours, this fresh, tangy cocktail is a current favourite in all the places to be seen.
Find all your vital cocktail making equipment at Kitchen Warehouse, including a fantastic range of glasses for all drink occasions. Check out our Cocktail Equipment buying guide and glassware guide for more information.
- 1½ limes, sliced into wedges
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2½ tsp granulated sugar
- 4 – 5 ice cubes
- 65ml white rum
- Soda water, to taste
- Fresh sprig of mint as garnish
- Add lime wedges, mint and sugar to glass. Muddle in glass to bruise mint and release lime juice.
- Add the ice and pour rum over ice.
- Add splash of soda water and stir well with muddling spoon.
- Pour into long tumbler, garnish with mint, get your bikini on and enjoy.