Do you know how to make poached eggs that come out smooth and firm with a runny yolk? While you can do this with a regular saucepan, an egg poacher makes this tricky cooking technique foolproof. Follow this simple guide on how you can make ordinary toast better with perfectly poached eggs on top.
- 4 fresh eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill the bottom of the pan with water then let it simmer on medium heat.
- When water is bubbling, place the poaching cups on top then break eggs carefully into each cup.
- Cover the poaching pan with lid to let the steam cook the eggs through. When white is firm to the touch, the eggs are ready. Semi-soft yolk takes about 2 to 3 minutes, while a firmer yolk takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove poacher from the pan and spoon the eggs out of the cups. Season and serve immediately.
- Place your poached eggs on top of lightly toasted bread. For a heartier meal, have your toast and poached eggs with hollandaise sauce and smoked salmon for a classic eggs Benedict.