Coriander is used in recipes widely around the world. Fresh, coriander adds a tangy taste to salads and stews, and coriander seeds are used crushed or ground to spice up many favourite dishes.
Coriander and Chilli Dip
- 1c coriander
- 3 red chillies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in your stick blender chopper attachment and combine. Place in bowl and set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Or chop and slice ingredients and mix in a bowl.
Coriander and Carrot Soup
- ¾ Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large peeled carrots, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 2 c coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add carrots and onion and cook for 3 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add vegetable stock and add 2c. coriander.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Use your stick blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Reheat before serving.
Optional: Garnish with coriander and a dash of cream.
Serve your soup and dip in one of the Kitchen Warehouse range of bowls for all occasion.