A filling homemade creamy soup with the pure essence of mushroom! Unlock the mushroom’s magic with low and slow sauté in this LeCreuset recipe using the round cast iron casserole dish.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g mixed mushrooms, reserving a few for serving
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 250ml cream
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Truffle oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Black and white sesame seeds, to sprinkle (optional)
- Extra mushrooms for serving (optional)
- Melt the butter in a Le Creuset 24cm Signature Round Casserole over a low heat and gently sauté the leeks and garlic until soft.
- Chop the mushrooms roughly. Add to the leeks and cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the hot stock and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blitz in batches until creamy. Warm the cream slightly and add to the puréed mushroom soup. Season and heat through.
- Serve with some of the extra mushrooms that have been fried, along with a drizzle of truffle oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with salt & pepper.