Use the tenderest kale to prepare this tasty, crunchy kale salad recipe, perfect to accompany a summer BBQ.
Kale Salad with Cheese and Apple
- Chef’n Kale and Greens Stripper Or sharp chef’s knife
- Chopping board
- Apple corer or Apple Wedger
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Garlic crusher
- Cheese grater
- Large bowl
- Salad dressing shaker Or bowl and whisk
- 4 c finely chopped curly kale
- 1 Pink Lady apple, cored and diced
- 30g tasty cheddar cheese, diced
- ½ c Crispy fried noodles
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Place kale, apple and cheddar cheese in bowl and combine lightly.
- Add lemon or lime juice, salt, garlic, oil and parmesan to salad dressing shaker and shake. Alternatively whisk in bowl.
- Add dressing to salad and mix through with a fork.
- Scatter crispy fried noodles on top before serving.
Serve in the salad bowl of your choice from Kitchen Warehouse, and eat with Kale Frittata for a massive nutrition injection.