The genius nonstick coating on the GreenPan Melbourne Frypan makes cooking up Crêpes Suzette or mini Passion Fruit Meringues quick and seamless.
- 500ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 20g sugar
- 1 tsp Cointreau
- 200g flour
- 20g butter (plus extra for frying)
- 1 vanilla pod
- Pinch of salt
- 70g sugar
- 70g butter
- 2 large oranges (juice and grated rind)
- 7 tbs Cointreau
- Mix the sugar and orange zest with the butter until well combined. Slowly pour in the juice of one orange and 2 tablespoons of Cointreau, stirring constantly.
- Allow to firm up in the refrigerator for a while. This orange butter forms the basis of the Suzette sauce.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, eggs, sugar, 1 tablespoon of Cointreau and the flour. Melt 20g butter and add to the bowl. Mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Cut open the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and stir them into the batter. Season with a pinch of salt. Make golden-brown, extremely thin crêpes.
- Melt a teaspoon of orange butter in a pancake pan over a medium heat. Place a crêpe in the pan, making sure it is well covered in orange butter.
- Fold it in half and then in half again to make a triangular shape. Repeat with another 3 crêpes until you have four folded crêpes in the pan.
- Now allow the crêpes to caramelise for a few minutes. In the meantime, heat 4 tablespoons of Cointreau in a small saucepan, pour this over the crêpes and set it on fire (make sure you turn the extractor hood off first!).
- Pour a little fresh orange juice over the Crêpes Suzette and serve immediately.
Mini Passionfruit Meringues
- 4 passionfruit
- 2 medium egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Scoop the passionfruit pulp and seeds into a pan. Heat until the pulp boils and thickens slightly. Allow to cool.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff then gradually whisk in the sugar a spoonful at a time until roughly a ½ cup is added. Fold in the remaining ½ cup of sugar to finish the meringue.
- Spoon 6-8 rounds of meringue on parchment-lined baking sheets. Add a spoonful of the passionfruit mixture to the top of each. Bake the meringues in the centre of the oven for 1-1¼ hours or until dry.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues to cool inside. Once cooled, store the meringues in an airtight container until serving. They will keep for 3-4 days if stored in a cool, dry place.