Customizable, healthy recipes sure to inspire and delight in the new KitchenAid Proline Blender. With its thermal control feature so you can serve up hot soups like this homely and pleasantly sweet Soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g Bintje potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 can coconut milk, shaken well before opening
- Fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pinch of salt, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, stock and 1 teaspoon salt, stir to mix well and raise heat to high. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover partially, reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 20 minutes
- Add potato mixture, brown sugar, curry powder, fish sauce, ginger and coconut milk to the Thermal Control Jar of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Blender.
- Secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase to medium (Speed 5 or 6) and blend until smooth and rising steam is visible, about 1-2 minutes.
- Soup should be hot. Season to taste with salt. Serve immediately, garnished with basil. To store, let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.