Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. These duck fat roasted potatoes are a must-try for any occasion.
- 1kg potatoes, peeled
- 100g duck fat (or canola oil if preferred)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 fresh rosemary springs
- Salt and pepper, to season
Handy Hint: Floury potatoes work best for a crispy outside and creamy middle.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into even sized pieces, put into a saucepan and pour in cold water, enough to just cover the potatoes. Add salt. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer until tender. Do not overcook.
- Drain the potatoes, removing as much water as possible.
- Place the potatoes back into the pan adding the duck fat and the salt and pepper.
- Cover with the lid and give them a shake to roughening up the edges and to coat them with the duck fat.
- Place potatoes in roasting tray big enough to take the potatoes in a single layer and roast in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until crispy and golden.