Easy, 30mins, Serves 12
You’ll enjoy giving these delicious Easter Egg Napolitaines to your family and friends! The perfect gift for Easter.
- 3 cups Lighthouse Biscuit, Pastry & Cake Plain Flour
- 300g softened butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt if using unsalted butter
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Raspberry or strawberry jam
- Easter egg shaped cookie cutter
- Food colourings and decorations
- 1 Preheat oven to 180oC or 160oC for fan forced. Lightly grease and line a baking tray.
- Rub the butter with flour in a large mixing bowl, mix and knead until a smooth ball forms
- Divide dough into two and wrap in cling film to refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll one dough out about 1 cm thick in between non-grease baking paper, cut the dough into Easter egg shapes with the cookie cutter.
- Re-roll trimmings and cut more egg shapes to use all remaining dough.
- Place the egg shapes on the baking tray and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and leave to cool completely before transfer the biscuit on to a cooling wire.
- Sandwich 2 biscuit together with a thin layer of jam
- Mix icing sugar with boiling water to make a smooth pourable glaze, divide into a few batches for different colourings.;Step 10 Place sandwiched biscuits on a cooling rack over a baking tray. Use a spoon, drizzle the glaze onto the biscuits and let it set until harden when touch.;Step 11 Paint and decorate the Easter Egg Napolitaines.