Love the smell of fresh bread in the morning? Us too! So why not have it around more often and bake your favourite loaves at home.
This easy bread recipe is simple, delicious and fail-safe. Perfect for anyone who a) wants more control over nutrition, b) wants to improve their baking repertoire, and c) needs something to do with the kids…
And, hey, if you want a dab of jam to go with your crusty artisan loaf, scroll down further for our favourite recipe made with fresh strawberries.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer with dough hook attachment
- Kitchen scale
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Loaf pan
- Cooling rack
- 500g Over The Top bread mix (2kg)
- 1 ½ tsp yeast
- 320ml water
- Place bread mix into the stand mixer (with dough hook already attached).
- Mix on speed 1 until ingredients are combined.
- Mix yeast and water then pour into the stand mixer.
- Turn up the mixer to speed 2 for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and cover with a damp tea towel for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Knock back dough (it should have doubled in size) and shape to fit desired loaf or split into two loaf pans.
- Cover again with a tea towel and let them stand for a few minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 25-35 minutes (depending on the size).
Recipe by Kilner
- 900g fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 800g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Add strawberries to preserving pan or heavy based pot.
- Add sugar and lemon juice. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and continue to stir.
- Cook until you are happy with consistency. Strawberries have no pectin so don’t be concerned if it is a thin jam.
- Cool Slightly and transfer mixture into hot sterile jars.
- Store in fridge once opened.
*This jam also tastes good on ice cream or on your porridge in the morning.