If pulling off decadent desserts is a daunting prospect for you, try your hand at this easy but absolutely scrumptious chocolate fudge recipe. This makes about 12 delicious fudge cubes. Make it in larger batches and wrap them up as gifts.
With just three basic ingredients required, a cook time of less than 4 minutes, and ready to slice and serve in 2 hours, you’ll be in awe at how such a simple chocolate fudge recipe can taste so good! For those who love to experiment with their food, this recipe offers a good base to let your creative baking juices flow. Try mixing in nuts, lollies, and fruit for added texture.
- Digital weighing scale
- Measuring spoons
- Glass or ceramic mixing bowl (or any microwave-safe bowl)
- Silicone spatula
- Square baking pan
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- 350g dark cooking chocolate
- 400g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- Break up the chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl and add the sweetened condensed milk and butter.
- Put in the microwave for 3 minutes, making sure to check ingredients intermittently to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once done, remove from the microwave and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased cake pan and put in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When mixture has set to your liking, simply slice and serve!
- Chocolate fudge makes wonderful Christmas food gifts. Add nuts or fruit to your fudge mixture, then wrap up your assorted treats in jars or boxes.
- If you love all things fudge and chocolate, try MasterChef contestant Brendan Pang’s Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. Each moist chocolate cupcake is topped with lightly charred meringue frosting! Or put your baking and decorating skills to the test with Emelia Jackson’s Chocolate Fudge Drip Cake Recipe.