Creating simple recipes that taste delicious and feel sophisticated is all in a day’s work for Australian cook Justine Schofield.
With both Australian and French heritage, Justine instinctively knows how to make food memorable.
Here, she shares her tips and tricks to create three mouth-watering meals which will quickly become family favourites.
Using Tefal appliances means it is a whole lot easier to create dishes which otherwise could be time-consuming and complicated. Watch Justine in action as she takes you through her recipes.
Borlotti Bean Bruschetta
- Tefal Clipso stovetop pressure cooker
- Digital scale
- Measuring spoons
- Frypan or skillet
- Slotted spoon
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
For the beans
- 400g dried borlotti beans, soaked overnight in lots of water
- 2L water
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, studded with 3 cloves
- Salt, to taste
FOR THE TOAST
- 6 slices day-old sourdough bread, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pepper, to season
- 6 good-quality anchovies (like Ortiz)
- Parsley, to garnish
To cook the beans
- Pour dried borlotti beans into your Tefal Clipso stovetop pressure cooker and cover with 2L of water. Add the carrots, bay leaves and onion.
- Lock in your pressure cooker and set the time to 30 minutes.
- Place your cooker on high heat and wait until it comes to pressure (this is when the time will activate). Turn the heat down and allow to cook.
- Once cooked, season with salt and give it a good stir.
TO Prepare the toast
- Heat oil in a frypan or skillet. Toast the bread on each side until golden and crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the beans and transfer them into a bowl. Dress them with some lemon zest, olive oil, and pepper to taste. Slightly toss to mix the ingredients.
- Now, top the bread with beans and garnish with anchovies and parsley.
Bougatsa—Greek-Style Custard Pastry
- 150g clarified butter, melted
- 1L milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup fine semolina
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 8-10 sheets filo pastry
- Cinnamon and icing sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C and butter your Tefal Ingenio pan.
- Add milk, vanilla, lemon zest and a pinch of salt into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Slowly rain in the semolina, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Keep whisking until it comes to a gentle boil and a custard forms.
- Remove from the heat then add sugar. Whisk until it dissolves. Cover with cling film and cool while you prepare the pastry.
- Working with one sheet of filo at a time, brush with butter and fold in half. Brush again and layer into pan allowing filo to overhang and overlap. You will need about five to six layers.
- Pour the custard into the pan and fold over the excess pastry. Brush remaining filo with butter and scrunch. Arrange on top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and then dust with icing and cinnamon.
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- Tefal Ultimate Air Fryer Deluxe
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or wooden spoon
- Pastry brush
For the chicken
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 3 chicken cutlets (thigh bone-in)
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, for brushing (or olive oil spray can be used)
- Gherkins and mayonnaise, to serve
- Salt, to taste
For the spiced flour mix
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup potato starch (optional)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp Chinese five spice
- Bring the chicken out of the fridge 45 minutes before cooking.
- Mix together the spiced flour mixture in a bowl and season with salt.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the buttermilk and then into the spiced flour mix, pressing the flour into the chicken. Shake excess off.
- Using a pastry brush, dap a thin layer of oil on to each piece of chicken or lightly spray with oil spray.
- Place chicken pieces in the basket of your Tefal Ultimate Air Fryer in one layer. Set to Chicken function and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through (you may need to do this in batches).
- Season with salt and serve with mayonnaise and gherkins.