Super flavourful and so easy to make, this fish taco recipe will virtually take you to the beach and get on swimmingly with family and friends.
All you need is a good air fryer on the benchtop to make these tacos ready for snacking or a weeknight dinner if you’re up for something light.
This recipe makes up 6 tacos.
- Cuisinart Convection Oven Air Fryer
- Digital scale
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Three small to medium mixing bowls
- Oil spray
- Turner or tongs
- 400g white boneless and skinned fish fillets (perch, boneless fillet)
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Avocado slices, sour cream and lime wedges to serve
- Cut fish into strips about 4cm wide.
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into individual bowls large enough for dipping the fish. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat fish strips in the flour and shake off the excess before dipping into egg allowing excess to drain then coat evenly with the breadcrumbs. Spray both sides liberally with olive oil.
- Place the Air Fryer Basket onto the Baking Tray/Drip Pan. Coat the Air Fryer Basket well with nonstick cooking spray. Spray both sides of fish with olive oil and place into the Air Fry Basket. Select Air Fry with the temperature set to 200C and cook for 9 minutes; turn fish pieces and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until evenly crispy.
- Reserve cooked fish and then heat tortillas for about 2 to 3 minutes at 150C, until soft and pliable.
- Serve tacos, each with 2 pieces of fish. Top with shredded cabbage, coriander, avocado and sour cream. Squeeze over fresh lime.