Is there anything more comforting and filling on a cold winter’s day than a hot, bubbly tuna pasta bake? Bulk it out by adding broccoli and sweetcorn.
This recipe combines the goodness of melted cheese and pasta with healthy tuna and broccoli for a satisfying meal that you can cook in less than an hour, with minimum ingredients.
You can choose to add other vegetables to your tuna pasta bake and season the dish with other herbs and spices as you see fit. Leftovers are great for office or school lunches, too. So get your casserole or baking dishes out and get ready to warm your kitchen – and dining table – with this really easy tuna-broccoli pasta bake!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- 285 g pasta shells
- 450 g canned tuna in water, drained
- 450 g cooked broccoli florets, drained
- 450 ml milk
- 225 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 30 g butter
- 30 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 160 g dry bread crumbs or crumbled Ritz crackers
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- extra shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions and drain well.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until smooth and simmering.
- Add milk in gradually then bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta shells, broccoli and tuna in. Mix well.
- Transfer everything to a 2L casserole dish.
- Cover dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs or crumbled crackers together with melted butter.
- Sprinkle mixture over the casserole. Add extra shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 5-6 more minutes, until top turns golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!
Try this recipe for yourself and don’t forget to tell us what you think in the comment box below!