Few things are as delicious and comforting as a dish of lasagne, fresh from the oven and giving off that mouth-watering aroma of melted cheese and sauce.
For a healthy twist, try your hand at an easy vegetarian lasagne like this one – even hard-core carnivores swear by it. Filling and fit to feed a mid-sized family, this recipe can be doubled or even tripled for family gatherings or dinner parties.
You can use this versatile Scanpan classic roaster for maximum results and fill your family’s stomachs up with good food!
Easy Vegetarian Lasagne
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOK TIME: 40 Minutes
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 capsicums, roasted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400ml tomato sauce
- 420g cherry tomato arrabiata pasta sauce
- fresh lasagne sheets
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chilli flakes/powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian herbs to taste
- Pour oil into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent.
- Add eggplant and zucchini in and saute until soft but not soggy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add capsicums, mushrooms, tomatoes, pasta sauce, tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of water.
- Season with chilli powder/flakes, salt and pepper and Italian herbs according to taste.
- Simmer vegetables for 30 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread and enjoy!
- Grease baking/roasting dish.
- Spread 1/5 of the vegetables evenly, followed by lasagne sheets and 1/4 of the ricotta cheese.
- Repeat layering 4 times. Top with remaining vegetables and sprinkle cheddar and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.