Sugar free high protein sprouted grain bread
This tasty bread is both filling, good to eat and packed with protein and nutrients. Sprouted grains aid digestion, provide an extremely high level of protein – similar to that found in eggs and milk – and are high in vitamins and minerals.
Homemade Ezekiel Flour: Sprouting and grinding your own flours will provide the most nutrition and is easy to do with the right equipment. Find instructions on how to sprout and grind your own flours here. Alternatively, sprouted grain flours can be purchased.
Ezekiel Bread Recipe
- 6 cups Ezekiel Flour
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Add water, honey, olive oil and yeast to large bowl.
- Stir and rest for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add Ezekiel flour and salt to yeast mixture.
- Stir for ten minutes until well combined.
- Divide bread dough between two greased loaf tins.
- Place in middle rack of oven and bake for 50 minutes or until loaves are golden brown.
NOTE: Eat bread within 72 hours.
DID YOU KNOW: Ezekiel bread is named from the bible passage Ezekiel 4:9 in which God instructs Ezekiel to fast by eating only bread made from wheat, barley, beans, lentils and millet.