Looks as good as it tastes, this Festive Gin Smash is a thirst-quenching summer cocktail made of three layers – lychee, strawberry and mint. Grab your SodaStream and get the party started.
- 200ml SodaStream sparkling water
For the lychee layer:
- 190g canned lychees, drained
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 90ml gin
For the strawberry layer:
- 500g strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt
For the mint layer:
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 30 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Fill a SodaStream 1 Litre Bottle with cold water and carbonate.
- Place all ingredients for the lychee layer in a blender and process until the consistency is similar to a slushie.
- Place strawberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon and salt in a glass jar.
- Using a muddler, crush and soften the strawberries and spices to release the flavours and aroma. Mix crushed ice and mint in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide the lychee mixture equally between two 400ml capacity stemless glasses.
- Divide and ladle the strawberry mixture over the lychee mixture in the glasses. Top with mint and crushed ice.
- Top each glass with 100ml sparkling water and serve the Festive Gin Smash.