Easy, Serves 8 Jars
This is a really easy jam to make and a good way to use all your excess figs
- 5 Cups Fresh Figs cut up into bite sized chunks and smooshed down in the measuring cup
- 3 Cups Sugar – if you require sweeter jam add more
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Butter optional to stop foaming
- 1 Cut up your fresh delicious figs into bite size chunks and smoosh them down in your measuring cup.
- Place sugar, figs and lemon juice (and optional butter) in a large deep stainless steel pot.
- Over medium heat bring to a boil and stir frequently.
- As the jam starts to thicken, use your freezer spoon to test the thickness of the gel (you might need to put it back in the freezer for a minute to cool to room temp to check the consistency).
- When it reaches the consistency that you prefer, remove from heat and if you didn’t use butter, skim off the foam.
- Sterilize your jars, by boiling in hot water for 10 minutes
- Fill the warm jars with your fig jam and place prepared top and screw on tightly