Add this Beef Stroganoff recipe to your list of winter meals that will help you beat the chill while satisfying your hunger!
Delicious, hearty and easy to make, Beef Stroganoff is a traditional Russian dish that combines beef, mushrooms and a creamy sauce to tantalising effect.
- 1 1/2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 700 g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 2 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tblsp light sour cream
- Salt and pepper, add in to suit your personal preference
- 300 g white rice to serve
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add the mushrooms cooking for 4 minutes or until tender, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place flour and salt and pepper into a shallow dish and lightly coat the beef strips in the flour.
- Add 2 tsp of oil to the frying pan and add in 350 g of the beef.
- Cook over a high heat until the meet is browned, then remove and repeat with remaining beef and oil.
- Return beef, onions and mushroom to frying pan and add in stock and Worcestershire sauce, bring to boil.
- Reduce to a medium to low heat and allow to simmer for 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and stir through sour cream.
- Spoon rice on to a plate and spoon Stroganoff mixture over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Try this classic winter recipe for yourself and tell us how you went in the comment section below.