Instead of heading out for breakfast or brunch this weekend, why don’t you enjoy gourmet-style dining at the comfort of your own home with this delicious French toast with blueberries recipe. This yummy breakfast will hit your sweet spot perfectly!
The cinnamon-infused crunch of the bread combines brilliantly with the sweet, warmed blueberry and maple syrup mixture. The tanginess of the Greek yoghurt, on the other hand, balances out the sweetness of this dish.
The great thing is that it’s incredibly simple to make and serves four. Double or triple the recipe if you are serving more people with bigger appetites!
- Digital weighing scale
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Microwave-safe mixing bowls (ceramic or glass)
- Frypan or skillet
- Slotted turner
- 250g blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cups milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g butter
- 8 slices of thick cut white bread
- ¼ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 150C (or 130C fan-forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the blueberries and maple syrup and heat for 30 to 60 seconds (or until slightly melted). Stir well and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Melt one-quarter of the butter in a large frypan or skillet over medium heat.
- Dip two slices of bread in egg mixture until soaked.
- Drain excess egg mixture and then cook bread for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat the same process and pan-fry the remaining bread slices.
- Serve two (or more) slices of French toast per person and top each with blueberry syrup and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.