Delicious, nice, sharp, refreshing and so easy!
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 2 1/4 cups Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbs Finely chopped lemon zest
- Combine the sugar and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer without stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use
- When cool, add the lemon juice and zest, stir to combine. Turn the machine on.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the freezer bowl, and mix until the mixture thickens, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- The sorbet will have a soft texture similar to a freshly scooped Italian ice.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.