Fresh oysters make fabulous party starters. While they go so well with spicy and tangy tabasco sauce, we’re dressing up this favourite combo in three easy ways. A zesty coconut dressing, a fresh medley of garnishes, and a beautiful casserole for serving should do the job.
This fresh oysters recipe is good for four and only takes half an hour to prepare—perfect when you are a bit pressed for time but want to celebrate with something special. Impressing your guests is really simple with this elevated appetiser overflowing with flavour and elegance.
- 30cm Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Casserole (or any similarly sized pan)
- Digital scale
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Citrus zester
- Citrus juicer
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Oyster knife
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lime, zested and juiced
- Soy sauce or sea salt, to taste
Oysters and Garnish
- Crushed ice, for the base
- 12 freshly shucked large oysters
- 1 ripe mango, finely diced
- Red onion, finely sliced
- Chilli, sliced
- Radish sprouts
- Micro basil leaves
- Cucumber, finely diced
- To make the dressing, combine coconut milk with the garlic, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Season dressing with soy sauce or sea salt to taste.
- Start assembling the dish by placing the crushed ice in the Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Casserole. Arrange the oyster halves on the bed of ice.
- Garnish each shucked oyster with diced mango, sliced red onion, sliced chilli, radish sprouts, micro basil, and diced cucumber.
- Serve with the coconut milk dressing.
An appetiser is not complete without drinks to serve it with. These cocktail recipes are sure to inspire you and level up your next summer party. Or pair your oyster dish with equally posh champagne floats served in pretty tumblers.
Recipe and image adapted from Le Creuset.