A light a creamy strawberry ice cream with a burst of fresh strawberries! Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup Whole milk
- 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Put the strawberries into a food processor, fitted with a chopping blade.
- Pulse strawberries until finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, a hand mixer on low speed, combine milk, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Stir in reserved strawberries with all juices.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Whisk mixture together again before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Pour mixture into the ice cream maker, turn on and set timer for 40 minutes.
- Let mixture thicken, usually about 40 minutes.
- The ice cream will have a soft and creamy texture.
- If a firmer texture is required, transfer into an air tight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours