If you are going to get motivated and make some changes in your life the New Year can provide a much needed catalyst for this. Healthy living seems to be high on everyone’s list post the festive season over indulgences. Getting on the green smoothie bandwagon is not for all but if you fancy giving it a crack why not consider investing in a Vitamix. This is arguably Australia’s best and most powerful blender and makes healthy living easy. For the die hards here is a smoothie recipe that will throw you in the deep end of the green smoothie cult. Personally I like my smoothies not so hard core.
Green Smoothie Recipe
- 125ml Water
- 1 cup Green Grapes
- 1/4 Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 Kiwi Fruit
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1cm slice of Lemon, peeled
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes (5-6 cubes)
- Celery sticks for serving and munching
- Extra Ice, for serving
- Place all ingredients in the Vitamix Container in order as listed.
- Secure lid and select Variable Speed 1.
- Turn on the machine and quickly increase speed to Variable Speed 10, then to High. Run machine for 1 minute, or until smooth as desired.
- Serve immediately, over ice if preferred.