Easy, 1hr 30 mins, Serves 40 approx
- 125gm Butter, room temperature
- 200gm Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 250gm grated dark cooking Chocolate
- 200gm ground Hazelnuts
- 125gm Ginger candied cut into fine cubes
- 200g Raisins
- 250gm Plain Flour sifted
- Red glace Cherries for decoration
- Grease a lamington tin.
- Beat together butter, sugar and eggs until thick and frothy.
- Stir in chocolate, nuts, ginger and raisins, mixing all together.
- Stir flour into mixture.
- Spread mixture into a greased lamington tin.
- Bake in preheated oven 180 C for about 25-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin.
- Spread with lemon icing and decorate each piece with ½ glace cherry.
- Cut into small squares. (about 40 pieces).