Instead of reaching for a lozenge when you have a sore throat, make yourself a soothing ginger tea boosted with the power of lemon and honey.
This recipe from Sharon Ferguson of Fergo’s Farm is incredibly potent and wonderfully versatile. Ginger tea with honey and lemon is one of a number of ways you can harness the health benefits of this home remedy.
- Peel ginger and slice thinly.
- Slice the lemon thinly, too.
- In an empty jar, layer slices of ginger and lemon while dribbling in the raw honey.
- Keep refrigerated and use when needed.
- To make the ginger tea, add a few teaspoons of the mixture plus a slice of ginger and lemon into a cup of hot water.
- Use the mixture to relieve a sore throat by taking a teaspoon a day straight up.
- Add a few teaspoons to your nip of rum for a lovely winter nightcap.
Has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties; reduces throat and cough irritations; and a natural energy booster.
Helps with nausea and sickness, fungal infections, and stomach pain.
Good source of vitamin C and helps boost immunity.