- Heavy saucepan
- 500g butter
- Heat the butter on low in a small heavy saucepan.
- Skim off froth from the surface using a spoon.
- When you see a clear yellow layer on top and milk residue at the bottom, it is ready.
- Gently pour the clear layer into a jug or jar. The remaining milky residue can be discarded. Consider using a piece of muslin to pour through to ensure the milk residue does not get poured in.
- TIP: Clarified butter can be stored in the fridge for several weeks. It allows the butter to be used at high temperatures without burning.