Skip to content
- Baking dish or saucepan
- Board knife
- Trim the stems, leaving 2-3cm. Wash the beetroot gently and lightly rub the skin to remove any loose skin.
- To boil, put beetroots in a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 30mins.
- To bake, place the beetroots in a baking dish. Bake in an oven for 2 to 3 hours at 150C.
- Test to see that the beetroots are cooked by piercing with a skewer. Once cooked and cooled enough to handle, peel off the skins.
- TIP: Beetroots stain your hands, so wear rubber gloves to avoid this.