How to cook fluffy rice in 5 steps,
Absorption method: retains all the nutrients and flavour of your rice.
To serve 4
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 L of water and bring to the boil.
- Stir in 2 cups of rinsed rice, add butter and salt to taste and bring back to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on then check to see if rice is tender but firm (not gluggy).
- Turn off the heat and stand for a few minutes leaving the lid onto steam slightly.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
- Place 2 cups of rinsed rice in a large microwave-safe bowl with a lid.
- Add water until rice is covered by 2cm.
- Cover and cook on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes, then Medium/500watts/50% for a further 7 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, for 3 minutes. Use a fork to separate the grains and serve.
Enjoy with your favourite Indian and Asian dishes or transform into a tasty Rice Salad with capsicum, celery and sultanas.