Learn how to cook fluffy rice in just five simple steps using the absorption method. This method retains all the nutrients and flavour of your rice for the perfect texture. Serves four.
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 L of water and bring to the boil.
- Stir in 2 cups of rinsed rice, add butter and salt to taste and bring back to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on then check to see if rice is tender but firm (not gluggy).
- Turn off the heat and stand for a few minutes leaving the lid onto steam slightly.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
- Place 2 cups of rinsed rice in a large microwave-safe bowl with a lid.
- Add water until rice is covered by 2cm.
- Cover and cook on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes, then Medium/500watts/50% for a further 7 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, for 3 minutes. Use a fork to separate the grains and serve.
Once you’ve mastered perfect rice, you can enjoy your favourite Indian and Asian dishes with added authenticity.
Want an even quicker way to make perfect rice?
You can easily achieve perfect rice in a rice cooker. From basic to high-tech, choose the right one for your cooking needs at Kitchen Warehouse.