How to Make Almond Milk in 7 minutes.
With its creamy texture and nutty flavour, nut milk is preservative- and additive-free. Homemade nut milk is a great non-dairy milk alternative when cooking. See how we use the Vitamix Machine to produce fresh and flavourful Almond Milk.
NOTE: Use the below steps to make any nut milk from almonds,hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, pecans, macadamia, and walnuts.
- 2-3cups water for soaking the nuts
- 3 cupswater for blending
- 1 cupraw, Almonds
- Sugar or sweetener, to taste(optional)
- Soak the nuts in 2-3 cups water overnight.
- Drain nuts from water. Add ingredients to Vitamix container in order listed. Secure lid
- Start on Variable 1 or low, slowly increasing to variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 45 seconds, or until almost smooth.
- Strain excess sediment from nut mixture using a muslin cloth or filtration bag. Twist the top to squeeze out milk or use a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly.
- Refrigerate. The milk will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Shake well before use.
Try using your homemade milk when making your own Yoghurt.