Get the rich taste of the roast directly into the gravy with this delicious recipe. After your meat is cooked, simply remove the roast and use the pan directly onto the cooktop.
Pan Gravy Recipe for a Saucepan:
If your roasting dish is not suitable to place over a burner, you can transfer the brown bits and juice to a saucepan, and continue to follow the recipe.
- Juice and bits from roasting pan
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup stock (optional)
- Remove meat from roasting pan and place pan over burner
- Bring juices to the boil, scraping up browned bits with the wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add flour stirring constantly for 1 minute, until blended
- Whisk in boiling water and stock (optional)
- Continue to heat until gravy is simmering and thickens. Cook for 3 minutes, taking care not to let the bottom of the pan burn. Turn heat down if this begins to happen.
- Taste gravy and add salt as needed.
- Add more or less liquid for thicker or runnier gravy
- Serve in gravy boat. Sieve first if you prefer.