There’s no denying artichokes are one of the trickiest vegetables to cook. Yes, we hear you! Those spiky leaves and scary, hairy choke are a bit confronting. But master the art of cooking them and you won’t be sorry.
Artichokes have a lot to offer in terms of nutrition. They have loads of vitamin C, potassium, and dietary fibre.
The classic way to prepare them is through steaming because it enhances their nutty flavour and light sweetness.
- Instant Pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chef’s knife or paring knife
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- 1 large artichoke
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Prepare the artichoke for steaming. Trim the stem so it stands upright and snap off tough outer leaves until you see its white bottom. Using a serrated knife, cut off the top then gently spread the remaining leaves.
- Add water to Instant Pot and place the steam rack on the bottom. Place artichoke on the steam rack and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese, salt, and red pepper flakes. Lock the lid into place, ensuring the steam release knob is in the Sealed position. Press the Steam function and set time to 30 minutes.
- When timer beeps, let the pot sit for 15 minutes to naturally release the pressure then place the knob into Venting position to quickly release any remaining pressure.
- Serve artichoke warm and top with additional parmesan.
Discover easy cooking with Instant Pot and find more recipes here.
Recipe and image were adapted from Instant Pot.