Easy, 40 mins, Serves 12, By Beth Duffield
Enjoy Christmas with this delicious trifle recipe!
- 1 Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 Cup Sherry
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Small tin of sliced Pineapple, keep some Juice
- 500ml Whipping Cream
- 1/3 Cup chopped Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Custard Powder
- 1 pint (600ml) milk
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Spread sponge cake with jam and press into the bottom of your trifle bowl. Soak with sherry.
- Top with sliced bananas and pineapple, with some of the juice.
- To make custard, slowly add custard powder to milk over low heat to thicken, adding sugar to taste.
- When custard has cooled, pour on top of fruit layer.
- Whip cream and place on top of custard
- Sprinkle with coconut, walnuts and fresh sliced strawberries.