This highly recommended recipe is not only incredibly tasty, but is also packed with nutritious rich Kale providing Iron, Vitamins A, K, C, B6, Manganese, Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Magnesium, B1, B2, B3 and Phosphorus. It’s easier to list the nutrients that you can’t find in kale! Quick and easy to make in the Vitamix blender, you can enjoy your Kale Pesto with fresh pasta, home-made in the Marcato Pasta Maker in delightful copper tones.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Kale stripper or knife
- Small Frying Pan
- Vitamix Blender
- ½ c pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for roasting nuts
- 2 c destemmed kale, firmly packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ c parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan. Add pine nuts and toast 5 – 10 minutes over medium heat until golden.
- De-stem kale with Kale Stripper, or remove leaves from central stem with sharp knife.
- Add pine nuts, kale leaves, salt and garlic cloves to Vitamix high performance blender.
- Process for 30 seconds or less if you prefer chunkier pesto.
- Add grated cheese and 6 Tbsp olive oil and blend for 10 – 30 seconds until well combined.
- Blend pesto through cooked home made pasta for a healthy burst of flavour.
TIP: You can use any type of nuts to add texture to your pesto such as walnuts or almonds.
Find out more about how to make your own pasta at a Kitchen Warehouse workshop using the Marcato Pasta Maker. Their exciting new copper shade is a perfect match for your Vitamix Professional Series 750 Limited Edition Copper catering for all high performance blending.
Purchase your Vitamix and Marcato Pasta Maker now.