Team Kitchen Warehouse gets ready to ride for youth!
One of Australia’s premier charity events, the Hawaiian Ride for Youth is held annually to raise funds for Youth Focus. Offering a range of free mental health services, Youth Focus supports young people and their families in overcoming the issues associated with youth suicide, depression and self-harm. Over 100 riders will embark on a gruelling journey of over 700kms from Albany to Perth stopping at high schools along the way to engage students in a conversation about positive mental health.
We are proud to announce that for the first time Kitchen Warehouse will support the ride as a Team Sponsor. Kitchen Warehouse director Chris Murphy has participated in the Hawaiian Ride for Youth for the past three years and is passionate about the cause and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Hawaiian Ride for Youth will take place from the 24-28 March. The riders have set themselves a fundraising target of a massive 1.75 million. To help them reach their goal, make a donation now!
With the Ride just around the corner, Chris shares his post-training muesli slice recipe that’s high in energy and protein.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g chopped assorted nuts
- 1 cup whey protein
- 2/3 cup sultanas
- 2/3 cup dates
- 2/3 cup currants
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup rapadura or demerara sugar
- 250g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a shallow tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a reasonably large bowl. Note: nuts can be lightly toasted to add flavour.
- Melt the butter, add the honey and mix well in a separate bowl then add to the dry ingredients, stirring well until all ingredients combined.
- Place into tour tray and press down to give a slice of about 2cm in height.
- Bake for about 20mins and then enjoy.
For more information on the Hawaiian Ride for Youth visit rideforyouth.com.au.