Who can resist the delicious combination of sweet and sour? This tangy lemon slice features melt in the mouth lemon honey over a soft dough base and is the perfect accompaniment to any high tea. Quick and easy to make, this delectable lemon slice will be a treat for the whole family. Use your food processor to speed up the prep time.
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- OR Stand Mixer/Food processor
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Kitchen scales
- Fine grater
- Lemon squeezer
- Rectangular baking pan 3cm x 16cm x 26cm (approximately), lined
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ c caster sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup cornflour
- 1 ⅓ cups caster sugar
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- Icing sugar to serve
- Combine melted butter, vanilla and sugar, stirring well. Sift flour into bowl and mix with wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
- Press dough into lined pan. Bake at 180°C/160°C fan forced for 15 -20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile make topping. Add eggs, lemon rind, flour and sugar to bowl and whisk until smooth. Add lemon juice and combine well. Pour mixture over base.
- Bake for further 15 minutes until topping is set.
- Cool completely in pan before serving.
- Dust with icing sugar and cut lemon slice into pieces, then enjoy!