PREPARATION : 10 min
COOKING : 10 min
FOR 15 SCONES :
- 350g plain flour
- 1 sachet baking powder (7g)
- 30g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 60g butter, softened
- 210ml milk
- 70g sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (210°C fan, gas mark 7/8). Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and butter cut in dice into the metal bowl and run the PASTRY/CAKE programme. Stop after 30 seconds.
- Scrape the bowl if needed and restart the programme, then slowly pour the milk through the opening; add the sultanas for the last 20 seconds.
- Flour a work surface and place the dough on it. Lightly dust the dough with flour and flatten by hand to a thickness of 2cm. Use a 5cm floured pastry cutter to cut out rounds of dough. Place them on a lined baking tray.
- Brush them with a bit of milk or a beaten egg, then bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden. Set aside to cool. Serve with jam and whipped cream.
Recipe thanks to Magimix Cook Expert