The vitamix is the perfect tool for preparing summer treats like this delicious, cooling mango sorbet. Perfect for cleansing the palate between courses and as a revitalizing refreshment.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 55 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 350 g frozen mangoes, peeled and diced
- 14 (210 g or 1 1/2 cups) ice cubes
- Put the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Freeze unused sorbet in an airtight container. When ready to use, allow to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 2.0-litre container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.