Try this margherita pizza in a pan recipe with Le Creuset’s versatile Toughened Non-Stick collection. The 4 x stronger coating is pure magic!
Now, we love a good margherita pizza (especially when you’ve crafted the dough yourself) but feel free to spice this recipe up with pepperoni and jalapenos, switch the sauce up for one of your own creations (nacho sauce is great for a bit of a twist) or keep it pared back with homemade pesto and quality mozzarella.
- Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Shallow Frying Pan (24cm) OR
- Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Crêpe Pan (24cm)
- ¼ x 500g packet white bread mix
- 2 tbsp fresh red pesto or pizza sauce
- 150g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Grated parmesan, optional (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 210°C / Fan 200°C.
- Warm the frying pan in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Make up ¼ of the packet of bread dough as per the pack instructions.
- Roll out the made dough into a 24cm circle and place inside the warmed frying pan.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for about 20-30 minutes until it has risen and is like a soft pillow.
- Spread the pesto or pizza sauce base over the pizza base leaving a 1cm crust around the edge.
- Arrange the mozzarella slices on the top.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Scatter with fresh basil and grated Parmesan to serve.
Level up your pizza making at home:
- Sourdough Pizza Recipe
- Three Simple Steps To Perfect Home Made Pizza
- Pizza at Home: Easy to Make Toppings
Why Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick?
This best-loved collection from a brand close to our hearts has been re-imagined and improved to provide elevated innovation and cooking ability.
You’ll love it because:
- It features a new updated design
- Has a 4 x stronger non-stick coating
- Delivers unbeatable cooking performance
- Now even more durable and abrasion resistant