This Kitchen Warehouse family recipe for Cheese & Rosemary Biscuits is seriously good! Enjoy them all year round or serve them in jars and give them away as gifts; thoughtful and delicious!
- 80g plain flour
- 80g wholemeal flour
- 100g cold butter, chopped
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 20g grated parmesan
- 80g grated cheddar
- 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place both types of flour into a bowl along with the butter and rub between your hands until it resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, parmesan, cheddar and rosemary then add the egg yolk. Mix together with a fork.
- When the mixture has clumped together, place it on a clean, dry surface and knead until smooth.
- Separate the dough into walnut-sized pieces and roll into balls.
- Place the dough balls on a lined baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Alternatively, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper after step 4 and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 12 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.