Easy, 2hrs plus doing the dried fruits the day before, Serves 12
By Karlene Forrest
- 1kg mixed dried fruit
- 500g combination of dried apple, dried apricots, prunes and glaced cherries
- 450g tin of crushed pineapple with the juice
- 1tsp of cinnamon,mixed spice and ground cloves
- 3 cups plain flour
- 225g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 6 eggs
- The day before making the cake put the dried fruit and undrained pineapple in a saucepan and boil, then simmer until the juice is absorbed.
- Store in the fridge.
- For the cake…cream the butter and sugar, add the vanilla essence.
- Beat in the eggs gently.
- Then fold in the flour and spices alternately with the pineapple fruit mix.
- Spoon into small greased and lined pans.
- Bake at 140 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Test by inserting a skewer.